Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rest In Peace Poem for Jamel

Here is the piece I did for Jamel's Candel Light Vigil.
I'ma miss my Homie man...

I've been seeking to find what Lifes all about in all the days that I
stroll around like baby carts...


the same way crazy hearts...
[seek to find Love], I [seek to find doves] to [bring upon hugs] that comfort the souls of us...lost ones.
Now you may say your not lost but I am.
when my [days get cold]...and the [rain gets bold]...the earth gets gloomy with no [Place-to-go]....I [HATE this road!] bcuz it keeps forkin with me!
so I grab a knife and slice my own [right of way] into my [night or day]...
sit back and [light the haze]...in rememberance of a fallen...[ENTITY]
Because that's what we literally...did on each encounter...damn I remember so
vividly...even though it has effected my Short-Term memory...
Short-Term sessions made worth long memories...
and (burnt-burn-cess) made (us-more-fresh)...
and (us-more-DEF)...though (we-chose-LIFE)...
it turned (us-more-LEFT)...tho (we-chose-RIGHT)...now its just WRONG cuz your GONE...like TIMBERLAKE...
we used to get WELL-DONE like TENDER STEAKS...
WE used to "go UP like INTEREST RATES
and Connect the HIGHWAY like INTERSTATES"...
I hate to sound TRILL but Im just being REAL...
and if u Can't SEE-THAT then you CAN'T SEE-FACTS... EVERYTHING was butter like Parkay...
now I just shutter when I stutter through Parkways...
Cuz Park-ways became Dark-ways and was the Reason why we Part-Ways...
I travel to the future in my mind...though I'm packing light...
I see me driving my BMW wonderin why B&W seems so Black & White???...
Wondering Why B&W seems so BLACK & WHITE...
death lingers here like the Black of Night...
I think about the day I'll see the Flashing LIGHTS...
like I think about the days we used to PASS the LIGHT...
so till then I'll just reverse directions...
won't see it as a curse, just a BURST of Blessings...
They say you only get one chance to make a FIRST IMPRESSION...
but if we meet again we can REVERSE this Lesson...
REST IN PEACE.

No comments: